Customer Service Desk
Whenever you contact us the person you deal with will give you his or her name. When you meet a member of our staff, they always have a name badge.
When you contact us:
We aim to answer calls and enquiries lines within 20 seconds. If we cannot deal with your enquiry immediately, we will arrange to return your call at an agreed time.
Public Relations and Marketing Officer, Ms.Gulsun Ahmed at work
When you visit the office:
We will ask you how we can help you. If you call without an appointment, we will try to see you within 15 minutes. If you have an appointment, we aim to see you within 10 minutes of your appointed time. If you need to wait longer we will keep you informed.
If you cannot call at our offices in certain circumstances, we can arrange to meet with you at your convenient place and time.
When you write to us:
When you contact us by letter, fax or email, we will reply to any request for information within 7 working days from the date we receive your communication.
If we cannot deal with your letter, fax or email fully within 7 working days, we will let you know how much longer it will be before we give a full answer to your request.
It may be that we require further information from you with the regard to your request.
What we will do for you:
- Treat you with respect and be polite and helpful in all our dealings with you.
- Treat you fairly and in line with the current law irrespective of your religious belief, gender, political opinion, race, age, matter status or any other discriminatory factor.
- Have staffs who are fully trained to carry out their duties quickly and effectively.
- Keep any information you give us confidential and only pass on information where necessary.
- Provide a face to face service in our offices which will have modern open plan facilities that provide a well coming and pleasant environment.
- Return your personal documents to you as quickly as possible.
- Consult customers regularly and take account of their comments and aim to continuously improve services for our customers.
What we ask of you:
In return we request you to:
- Be polite and considerate to our staff.
- Be polite and to considerate to other clients.
- Give us relevant and honest information when we ask for it including information about our services and any suggestions for improvement.
We will not tolerate violent or abusive behavior towards our staff or our property.
If you think a decision on your application is wrong:
- You can ask us to look at the decision again.
- You may be able to appeal to the independent tribunal the letter telling you about our decision will tell you if you can appeal. If you want to appeal the tribunal you must do this within the stipulated one month of the date of the letter giving you the decision. You can get more information from our legal department.
If you complain about our services, we will:
- Acknowledge your complaint within 2 working days.
- Aim to reply within 10 working days.
- Try to learn from your complaint to improve our service.
It is our hope that from the time this charter is launched, members will feel free to contact us with suggestions, complains and compliments. All complains will be dealt with within seven (7) working days. If that does not happen please contact the Branch Chairman on the following contact details:
Our office is located at the first floor of Fidelity Shield Insurance House along Kaunda Avenue. We are open as from 8.15 am to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday each week. We are however closed on public holidays and have a one hour lunch-break between 1.00 pm to 2.00 pm on weekdays.
The County Chairman
Kenya National Chamber Of Commerce & Industry, Mombasa County
The County Executive Officer
Kenya National Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Mombasa County
P.O BOX 80635-80100
Tel: 041-2316161/0723 373 343